Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Test results!!!

Today we got the results to Cameron's bone age study and blood work. His bone age is behind which is not that bad it just means that he will be smaller to start with and would most likely catch up later. The blood work came back with normal levels for everything except it was low on IGF-I which is a growth hormone. He has to go and see an Endocrinologist now for further tests. I am not quite sure what to think since I really do not know what an endocrinologist actually does. So we will have to wait and see. Cameron has an appointment on June 9th. I will keep all of you updated on what they say!!!

5 comments:

Rogers Family said...

I will be praying for you. I have an endocrinologist. They deal with glands and hormones. Good luck with everything. I'm sure the edocrinologist will be able to help you.

Melinda said...

Good luck! We'll pray for the little guy!

Leann said...

I have an endocrinologist too (she's also a primary care physician). Cuz I have thyroid nodules that we have to monitor and if they grow they keep biopsying them to make sure it isn't cancer.

And like the previous comment, I was gonna tell you that they deal with glands and hormones. I'm sure it will all be fine! (they have some pretty good synthetic hormones out there)

Laura said...

scary. poor cameron! I hate taking kids to the doctor! I hope everything is okay with him. Get some rest before baby #3 comes!!

Josh and Amber Wilkins said...

Wow I hope everything goes ok with Cameron!

I can't believe that you have date for your little guy. That is so exciting! Hope everything goes well for you! Can't wait to see pics!