Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

Wow we have had quite the eventful weekend. To start off the weekend I spent Friday night at Urgent Care for a sharp pain in my right side. I had had the pain for like 5days and it was getting worse, so I decided to get it looked at. After a urine test, waiting, blood test, waiting, pelvic exam, waiting, cat scan, waiting, they found out that I had a 1 inch ovarian cyst. I had no idea that getting these or having these was so painful. After I left Urgent care I had to go to Walgreens to get medicine and waited there for about 30 mins. Went home, took medicine and went to bed.
Saturday after resting and watching Virginia Tech get beat, we went out looking for a new couch. I must say I was not feeling that good but needed to get out of the house. We have been looking for several days for a couch and decided on one. Unfortunately we have to wait 2 weeks to get it because part of it was out of stock. We are way excited and can't wait for it to get here.
Sunday we both got called to teach the sunbeams. I am not quite sure what to think about it, I just feel like I didn't have time to get to know anyone. It will be good and I am glad we get to do it together. I was joking with Reid that if anything this calling will teach us patience.
Monday we got to go to the Lake with my Uncle Mark, Aunt Belinda, my cousin Nathan and his wife Celina and their boys Ethan and Noah, and also my cousin Valerie and her kids Jacob and Addy (they were evacuated from Mississippi because of the huricane). We had so much fun and I will post pictures when I get my hands on them. We also had a BBQ, my uncle cooked the best steak I think I have ever had, and scallops that were way good. I ate way too much. We had so much fun spending time with all of them, it was nice to be around family. After we left their house we went to one of Reid's co workers house to pick up an air hockey table that he was giving away. When we got home and set it up, we realized it was missing the pucks, so we have not had the chance to play it yet. We need to just go buy some pucks. The boys keep trying to play with it, they keep asking me if they can turn it on.
Yesterday I still was not feeling good, the pain seemed to get a little worse. I laid around most of the day while my boys played. We also found out that Reid has torn the meniscus in his knee and has to have surgery next Monday. He'll have to miss a couple days of work next week and it will take a couple of weeks for him to get feeling better.
Today I am feeling a lot better, it still hurts but hopefully the pain will go away soon. I just hope I don't need to have surgery to get it removed at the same time Reid has to have knee surgery. That would not be good! We have had so much going on this weekend. Hopefully things will slow down for us. We miss and love you all, Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend!!!

15 comments:

Spencer and Amy said...

Holy Cow Brit! You guys sure got hit with a bad spat of luck over labor day weekend. I hope everything turns out well for you and your family.

meg said...

Oh my word. Sounds like a long weekend for sure. I hope you are feeling better. I'm sure there is nothing like having to take care of a sick husband while you are feeling so bad yourself. Hang in there! I hope everything goes well with Reids surgery!

Josh and Amber Wilkins said...

Hey I know how you feel I had the same thing happen to me with the cysts (sp). It was when I was getting them checked to see if I needed surgery that I found out I was pregnant with Haydenn. Ha Ha!

Juli said...

hey,
i had so much fun with you too! we have to get together again soon. i'm so sorry that you guys are feeling so miserable. i hope that you won't have to get surgery. i have been feeling pretty awful myself for the past 2 weeks. i am going to the doctor tomorrow to see what the heck is wrong with me. please keep your fingers crossed!:)

Katrina Wright said...

Um... if its still hurting you probably will need to get it removed. that is what i had when i was pregnant with Chloe... it is the worst feeling i have ever had... If you go back into the doctor ask if it is twisting because if it is it could become gaingranouse( i dont even have a clue how to spell that) and that is really bad!


But it sounds like you guys are adjusting to your new place i am so sad you left!

Staci said...

Oh my! Keep us posted on how you're feeling! We'll definitely be praying for all of you guys!

Heidi said...

So fun! Except for the cyst part. Hope you are feeling better now.

Harvey Family said...

What a rough weekend! We hope you are all feeling better soon! I am the sunbeams teacher in our ward and I love it! On our blog on the sidebar I have a link to some really great ideas for sunbeams - check it out! We'll be in Texas soon for the BYU-TCU game and would LOVE to see you! We'll email ya about it when it gets closer :)

Amanda said...

I hope you guys get feeling better!

LucyH said...

That's terrible. I have known so many people with cystson their ovaries. Just don't let the pain get too extreme. It may mean that something is wrong! ANders actually spent the last couple nights in the hospital. I will post about it soon.
Yah for a new couch!

Diana Carver Photography said...

Sorry to hear that you weren't feeling good. I hope that everything turns out good for you guys.

Tiffany said...

Oh man! Sounds like a fun and not so fun weekend!! I hope ya get feeling better fast and reid gets better too!!

Deanne Wahl said...

Sounds like a crazy weekend. I hope you are doing okay. I wish you still lived here so I could help with the boys. And tell Reid we will be thinking about him too. The Young Women said to tell you HI!

Anonymous said...

Oh no Brit. That is horrible. I had the same thing happen to me. But I was 8 weeks pregnant with Sy when it happened. Did I ever tell you that story? Well, to make a long story short, I did have to have surgery. It was called ovarian torsion and the cyst got so big they had to take out my right ovary as well. It was not fun, . . . but I survived. It'll be all good. They caught it early and that can give you peace of mind. Just be careful and have them check it out again soon, esp. if the pain persists.

I really hope you feel better. I'll keep you in my prayers. And Reid too.

Shannon said...

I am so sorry to hear about your run in with bad luck! I totally know how you feel with the cyst thing. I spent 4 years fighting them and the pain can get so bad. Happy news is that it does go! :) I am so happy that you had a blast at the lake and are getting new couches. Its always nice to have a change of scenery in the house. I am sure Eric wonders when I will stop changing my house....but that is the fun of life! I miss you tons!