Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Dinosaurs!!!!

Today we went to the Heard Museum of McKinney Texas. During September thru December they have electronic dinosaurs on display. You take a beautiful nature walk and the dinosaurs are along the path. Cameron and Luke were so excited to go and see the dinosaurs but when we came up to the first one Cameron freaked and Luke started whinning. The dinosaurs looked realistic and they move and make noises. Cameron wanted nothing to do with them and kept looking behind him to make sure there were no dinosaurs by him. He wouldn't even get out of the stroller. I thought Oh great I just paid to listen to my kids whine the whole time. Luckily that wasn't the case there was lots to see and look at. They also had a butterfly room. It was really cool, the butterflys were everywhere. Cameron loved the butterflys and didn't want to leave, Luke was too worried about eating his friend Alex's fruit snacks. There was also a snake exhibit and a huge model of one that you can walk through to see where all there organs and such are. Cameron liked it but wanted to get out quick. Luke loved the whole thing, he was a little nervous with the dinosaurs but I think it is only because Cameron was freaking out. We brought lunches and had a little picnic and let the boys play on some dinosaurs that they could sit on. It was a beautiful place, I would love to see it when the leaves all change. The best part about it was it was only 10 mins away. I have to say I don't miss the driving to and from Coolidge to do anything. Here's a slide show of our day.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

How fun! I don't like the drive here, it is getting old! That is nice you don't have to do that anymore.

Diana Carver Photography said...

Hey, we have nice cool temps in the high 90's, this is our FALL season! (OK, I'm sooo jealous about your temps) Sad to hear your boys didn't enjoy the dinos. They have this new should coming to town with the dinosaurs and I was thinking about taking Spencer and Scott, but now I'll have to rethink that.

Juli said...

Very fun! We've been there as well. Seems like you are making your way around ok:)

Anonymous said...

Oh, museums are so fun:) Too bad Cameron didn't think so! I love the Jurassic Park music, makes me feel like I was there!:)