Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Surf's Up!!!

So I have to explain this post. As most of you know my parents have a boat and from previous posts you have seen the kids surfing and tubing behind the boat with Reid. We had a chance to go to the lake before we moved to Texas. Ever since Cameron surfed with Reid he constantly talks about it. When we got to our temporary apartment he started wrapping the dog lease around things so it stays and says he's surfing. Well one day he saw the ironing board, and thought it was a surf board so I took it down and let him use it as a surf board. When we moved into our house he kept on doing it. Now he "surfs" everyday with various things. So for family night we decided to make the boys their own "real" surfboards, real as in cardboard boxes cut into a surf board. Cameron was so excited he didn't even want to eat his dinner. Here are the pictures of Reid drawing and cutting them out and the boys surfing. Last night after a little while of surfing Cameron asked me to hold the rope and said, "Mom slink out!" I didn't quite hear him so I asked him what he said, so he repeated it "Mom slink out!. Then I said, "Oh you mean slack out? He said oh yeah, slack out. I thought it was way cute that he remembered. That kid remembers everything. For those of you non lake goers slack out means having the boat go a little until all the slack in the rope is out. Also Cameron will fall off the board and say Oh no I'm in the water, Grandpa turn around and come get me! It is the cutest thing ever. Thanks Dad for all the wonderful lake memories!!!! The boys absolutely love the surf boards. Who knew cardboard could be so fun.

1 comments:

Josh and Amber Wilkins said...

Hey Brittney, That is the coolest thing ever. I love the slack out story. I would be so cute to decorate there new rooms in surfing stuff. It reminds me of Tucker and how everything is a bull to ride. Now you have Cam and everything is a surf board! Love it!