Thursday, September 24, 2009

Emergency Room!!

Cameron and I spent 2 hours last night at the ER. He came to Reid and I at 12am and was having a really hard time breathing, and was gasping for air. We were really worried and couldn't figure out what was wrong, so I took him to the ER. When we got there they took us back immediately and starting checking him to see what was going on. They gave him a steroid medicine to open his airways. Then a little while later they did a breathing treatment, which the doctor called Astronaut air, so Cameron thought that was super cool. He did really well and the breathing treatment seemed to make him feel a lot better. They also did a chest xray to make sure he didn't have pnuemonia. Come to find out Cameron has croup. Cameron did such a great job and was really good. On the way home he was saying how the doctor really helped him and how the doctor helps lots of people when they are sick or can't breathe. He is such a sweet little guy and really takes the time to think about things. I just hope he will get better soon. I really hate having sick kids, I feel bad for them and it is not fun for me. So I guess we will be hanging at home for the next couple of days...bummer.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, poor guy! I hope he starts feeling better soon:) It is so hard when they're sick!

Nikki Nielson said...

Wow that is scary. I am so glad that he is ok and that he was so brave about it.

Jessica said...

I'm sorry that he is sick! I hope everything gets better!

The Nielsons said...

Brittney...when Jake was young like that he had athsma and would get that three to four times a year. Whenever the seasons change and the new growth of things came up. Especially after playing sports like soccer in the grass. You may need to ask and get a nebulizer where you can get a medicine and saline and have it at the house...then you can give him breathing treatments as soon as you hear the crouping. He used it even when he was older. Check into it. Hope Cameron feels better. Miss ya.