Monday, August 31, 2009

Our weekend with Grandma and Grandpa!!!

My parents came for a visit this past weekend and we had a great time. The boys were in heaven playing and spending time with Grandma and Grandpa. (Warning really long post)

Thursday- The boys and I went to the airport to pick them up. On our way home we made a stop at Steak and Shake for lunch...yum!! Then we spent the rest of the day at our house just enjoying each others company. The boys were so excited and wanted to play upstairs in the play room with grandpa which they did everyday and had so much fun.




Friday- We drove Cameron to preschool and showed grandpa his classroom. After Preschool, we all went to Costco to get a few things and to have lunch. The boys asked grandma if they could have the "red drink" and were so happy when grandma got them one. (For those that don't know what the red drink is, it is the berry smoothie). We headed to Fort Worth for dinner at Riscky's BBQ in the Stockyards. I had never been down there and it was so neat. We met up with my Uncle Mark, Aunt Belinda, Uncle John, Aunt Jill, my cousin Nathan, his wife Celina, and two of their boys Ethan and Noah. Luke was way attached to my uncle Mark and would not leave his side. Mark told him that they were eating cow (BBQ ribs). So Luke came over and told me "Mom, I was eating cow like a lion". We had so much fun and enjoyed the great food. We even got to watch Ethan get lost in a maze and Nathan go in after him.




Saturday- Cameron had soccer practice at 10, so we all went to watch him. He does really well, and seems to have a great time. We made a stop by McDonalds to get an ice cream cone. Grandpa and Reid took the boys swimming while Grandma and I watched and took care of Owen. We went to Cotton Patch Cafe for dinner and went to the park to walk around. (Grandma and I sat in the car to feed Owen). The boys were lucky and got to stay up late to make cupcakes with Grandma and Grandpa. The cupcakes turned out really good and the boys had a blast making them and eating them. Funfetti my favorite kind.










Sunday- Was Owen's blessing day. Reid gave such a beautiful and sweet blessing. Mark, Belinda, John, Jill, Nathan, Celina, Ethan, and Noah all came. We had a little luncheon after and enjoyed visiting with family. Reid was also called to be 2nd counselor in the Elder's Quorum presidency. So I had to head back to the church for him to be set apart and my parents had to catch their flight. John and Jill gave them a ride to the airport while Mark and Belinda watched our boys. Thanks Mark, Belinda, John, and Jill for all your help. Thank you to everyone who came and made Owen's blessing day special. It was also Uncle Mark's birthday!!!





We had such a great weekend but it went by way too fast. We will miss grandma and grandpa!! Cameron was really sad when he realized Grandma and Grandpa weren't there. He was attached at the hip with my dad. It was so cute to see Cameron and Luke playing with grandpa.

Thanks for a great weekend Grandma and Grandpa, we can't wait to see you again. We love you!!!

7 comments:

The Nielsons said...

Brit... It sounds like you had a great weekend. I really need to get up there and see you. You have such a cute family and I miss seeing them. Your mom said it was a real good time. We love and miss you.

meg said...

Owen is so adorable. Makes me excited for our little guy to get here. Glad that everything is going well for you...you look great!

Staci said...

How fun! Your boys are just too cute. Also, I think it's funny that Todd and Reid always end up with the same callings, last time they were the 11 year scout leaders and now they're both 2nd counselors in Elder Quorom, how funny! By the way-you look great!!

The Pyfer Party said...

So fun! My kids love the Stockyards! We go there quite often cuz the price is definately right! I am so sorry we missed it. Although, Breil has Bronchitis so I am glad we did. He probably would have gotten the baby sick.

Shannon said...

Owen is getting so big! I'm glad fam could come visit you! The boys are all getting so big! We love and miss you all!

The Felix Family said...

Fun weekend!!! I love to have family come visit especially my parents. Congrats on blessing Owen. He is so cute!!

Josh and Amber Wilkins said...

Owen looked so cute on his special day! Can't wait to see you guys!