Thursday, December 2, 2010

Cruise with mom and Heather

During the week of November 7- 14 I got to go on a cruise with my mom and sister. My mom was going for work and my dad couldn't go with her so we got to go with her. I was so awesome! We had such a great time and ate some really yummy food. I think I gained like 5 lbs on that trip, I ate and ate. We went to the Carribean, our stops were, Bahamas, St. Thomas, Puerto Rico and Grand Turk. Ben Dodge was so nice and generous to let Heather and I go. We did some really fun things on each of the islands.
In Bahamas we drove over to the Atlantis resort, walked around checking it out and since we were there early in the morning we toured the whole thing pools, beach, aqaurium, and everything. It was really cool. Then we went shopping, touring around and went to a little resturant. I got to try conch for the first time 3 ways, fried, in ceviche, and in fritters. The fritters were definitely the best. We also had fried lobster that was pretty tasty. We had to hurry back to the ship.
Our next stop was St. Thomas, we took a taxi to the other side of the island and got a ferry to St. Johns, in St. Johns Ben rented a car and we just drove around stopping at various beaches, it was incredible and so pretty with warm water. At one beach my mom, Heather and I about lost our suits, a huge wave hit us as we were trying to get out of the water, we had sand everywhere, it was so funny! Then we went back to St Thomas did some shopping and got back on the ship.
Our next stop was Puerto Rico, Ben was going to rent a car but there was no cars available so we paid a taxi driver to drive us all over. We stopped at some beaches, and then went to the rainforest. The rainforest was so beautiful, we even took a hike down to a waterfall. Ben was the only one that got in the water but it was still fun to hike down and see it. Mom did a great job and hiked with us, she was a trooper. After the hike it started raining, perfect timing to get back to the car. The driver gave us a really good tour and we got to see lots of things. We went to a bakery there in town and had these fried ham and cheese sandwich things covered with powdered sugar, they were really good. We did some shopping then headed back to the ship.
In Grand Turk we all went scuba diving, it was so awesome and beautiful. As we were getting to our dive spot we saw dolphins. Ben and I wanted to jump in with them but the guides wouldn't let us. We did a two tank dive and saw a really huge crab. After diving we grabbed a bite to eat and did some shopping and got back on the ship. All in all the trip was amazing. Thank you Ben for letting me come I had a wonderful time!! Unfortunately I don't have pictures to post but I will add them later on when I get them from my mom and sister. Reid stayed home and held down the fort. Thanks to amazing friends who took care of my kids, I didn't have to worry. Reid was such a great husband to let me go without him and took great care of the kids. Thanks hun!! I love you!! The boys were really excited to see me!! I throughly enjoyed being able to do whatever I wanted and not having to take care of kids, it was nice, relaxing and a much needed trip!!

0 comments: