Sunday, July 18, 2010

Owen Is 1!!

Last Tuesday was Owens 1st Birthday! My baby is 1 and I just can't believe it has been a year already, does not seem right at all.
1 year old stats:
weight 17 lbs 14.5 oz below 3%
height 29 inches 25%
Dr said he looks good but is a little anemic so he has to take vitamin drops with iron everyday!

He is our little light weight. Weighing only 17 lbs he is not quite big enough to be turned around in his carseat, I don't even know how long it will take before he gains the couple of pounds needed. He trys to sit up and turn to look at me while I am driving. He is still such a great little guy, always happy and content. He is not walking yet but walked 6 steps last thursday and he can stand in the middle of the room. He has no teeth yet but I think one is on it's way. The new things he can do are; He loves to mimic sounds and jestures especially laughs. He says mamma and dada. Blows kisses. Loves climbing in and out of the cozy car. Loves to eat teddy grahams and goldfish crackers. Loves following Cameron and Luke all over. He is still a momma's boy! Loves when I throw him on my bed, and laughs as I count before I do it. Has figured out how to turn the TV on and off, does it over and over again. He loves to let Schatzi out of her kennel in the morning and knows how to open it. Loves "helping" me empty the dishwasher,(he climbs in it) He is just so fun and I love it!! I love you Owen!!


For his Birthday we did the traditional toaster waffle with candle in it for breakfast. I ended up throwing the waffle away after I tasted one bite and realized it tasted like the freezer and was really gross. We went swimming with our normal playgroup bunch, when daddy got home we ate dinner and then went to Baskin Robbins to get a birthday treat. Owen loved the ice cream. We had so much fun celebrating. Cameron and Luke were so excited all day and kept on singing Happy Birthday to Owen all day. They made sure he knew it was his birthday and that it was his special day.
toaster waffle with candle, the older boys insisted, it's a tradition!!
at Baskin Robbins for a birthday ice cream
loves eating ice cream
happy little birthday boy at Baskin Robbins

We had a birthday party for him while we were on vacation in Virginia. He loved eating his chocolate cake and didn't hesitate to stick his hands in and eat. At first he touched it and then looked at me like are you sure I can do this. Then he just starting taking big handfuls and shoveing it in his mouth as fast as he could. It was so funny to watch. He had chocolate everywhere from head to toe. He even fed me some so I wouldn't feel left out. He ate half the little cake by the time I took it away and cried when I finally did take it. He loves his chocolate!
First getting the cake!
with mommy and daddy
digging in!
Covered head to toe
Opening presents

5 comments:

The Gibson's said...

That has to be one of the best pictures with him COVERED in cake. I love it. It is crazy how fast this year has flown by. My little girl will be one in less than two months. Happy Birthday to Owen!

The Felix Family said...

Happy Birthday Owen!! I can't believe he is already a year old. What a cute boy. I bet it was a fun day!!

LucyH said...

So little! Happy birthday owen!

Natalie said...

Loved the pictures, Brittney! The covered head-to-toe one is my absolute favorite!!! So cute! Happy Birthday to Owen, how exciting! :)

The Nielsons said...

Wow I can't believe he is !. I love the pictures...looks like fun traditions and got to love the cake. Looking forward to seeing you in a week.